AWD

2007 Honda Element

darrenlpd

December, 16, 2010 AT 9:01 PM

I have a 2007 Honda Element Awd, which appears to be functioning only as a 2wd. On a couple of occasions, the car has been stuck on my garage pad (on a slight incline) with only the front, right wheel spinning.
I ahve tried moving the vehicle back, down the pad and taking a 'running start' at getting to the top, but can't make it all the way.
It is my understanding that with the AWD, at least one other whell should kick-in to provide traction.
I did have the vehicle at a Honda repair facility for this problem, but they said the AWD was working correctly.
Any Suggestions?

BMRFIXIT

December, 17, 2010 AT 2:10 AM

IF HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE SYSTEM AND IF THE SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING AS IT SHOULD CODES SHOULD SET

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE ON THE SYSTEM OPERATION HOPE IT HELP

Under normal conditions, the 4WD vehicle is in 2WD (front-wheel drive). However, the system will instantly transmit appropriate driving force to the rear wheels (depending on the driving force of the front wheels and the road conditions).
The Real-time 4WD-Dual Pump System does not have a manual switch to disable the 4WD system. Whenever service work requires spinning the front or rear wheels with the engine, always lift and support the vehicle so all four wheels are off the ground.

CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima
Wheel Bearing Replacement
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Axle Seal Replacement