2007 Ford Ranger PJ XLT 3.0 litre

SPRINKLERGUY
  • 2007 FORD RANGER
  • TURBO
My ranger is in Limp mode, I originally hadcodes indicatinglow voltage at maop sensor. Replaced faulty battery, slight improvement, indications led me to think vacuum leak. Smoke tested and 'start ya bastard' volatile spray roundpossible leak points test. Could find no problem. However, trimmed one hose and intake air hose, replaced squeeze clamps with worm drives, again, slight improvement, did have some absolute idiot {me}problems while trying to add new horn add, not replace. Caused smoke. Speedo and horn not working, replaced fuses, both working. Also replacedengine compartment fuses inj, alt, again, slight improvement. Changed oil, replaced fuel filter, cleaned map sensor, cleaned maf sensor, believe I have correctly replaced.I do all this for two reasons, no mecanic could suggest anything else except that it would cost thousands. Have tried toclear check enginelight, not since replacing fuses, loses power under load, but not as much as before, however, if I prime the fuel pump 9 times out of 10 it goes like the clappers, I listened to injectors, sound even and same, this all indicates to me that 1, I do have a vacuum leak, 2. Faulty map sensor. The motor never went as well as it goes when it is running properly, is this because the fuel trim is overcompensating for high air values, that is higher readings than actual intake and I am getting a rich fuel mixture? Or will the limp mode go on its iown when problem is fixed or could the only problem be that the light is still on and governing the pcm?I am an invalid pensioner, but quite happy to subscribe to membership after this question, as I intend to look after my own vehicle.
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 AT 6:06 AM

RACEFAN966
So what are the codes? Have you checked fuel pressure? What is the truck doing?
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 AT 7:04 AM
SPRINKLERGUY
Are you one of the mechanics? I thought I explained the sequence of events in the question.
Check engine light, diagnosed to fuel leak on a bosch scanner system at supercheap autos theirs).
Cant remember the ordes but think it wasp010407, but as I outlined we are way past that, just in casae u r not familiar with australian models, the 07 xlt pj is a 3 litre turbo diesel. It is faiuling under load. BUT not always, when cold it runs extremely well, sometimes. But not always. If I prime the fuel pump it runs extremely well, but not always and not for more than 15 mins.
I suspect, faulty MAP sensor,
faulty wiring to MAP sensor,
a vacuum leak I cant discover or a faulty fuel pump. I obviously am not a mechanic, but yes it seems to lose fuel pressure. However it is in limp mode I presume ascheck engine light has been on a long time. I cannot afford repairs, unless I do them myself or can minimise costs by avouiding exploratory timeqwasting by untrustworthy mechanics.
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 AT 8:00 AM
RACEFAN966
Let me say I am a mechanic worked for Ford for yrs but not in Australia and we don't have a 3 ltr diesel here in the states either. Now as far as vacuum diesels don't produce vacuum they can't they use a vacuum pump. So with that is the vacuum pump working? I asked for codes so I could look them over to what truck was trying to tell us, as I said I am a mechanic not a parts changer, that not what I paid to go school for. I don't need a story but more info always helps. If you are not comfortable with me helping as I was not a diesel mechanic I more then understand. Thanks
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 AT 8:12 AM
2CARPROS MIKE
Sprinklerguy

Mate as this is my first contact with this team I didn't know whether readers are able to answer questions, so I was just trying to determine who I was talking to, a reader or a professional, not questioning your qualifications, no offense intended.
I have had the car scanned 9n 3 occasions since this episode started, I normally go straight to a particular workshop of sound reputation and pay what they request with no quibble whatsoever. Unfortunately they treated my trust as if I were a fool. I do not tar all mechanics with the same brush, I was a tradesman of a far less complex trade but took great pride in my work. Unfortunately many skilled and conscientious mechanics are paid by the job whe the customer is charged by the hour, or even have unsupervised work done by apprentices while paying top professional rates. And yes I do know the cost of doing business. Always willing to pay the right price for the right job, and I don't choose by price. That said, my meagre knowledge of my cars engine is gleaned only from you tube, forums, ford workshop personell etc. Lots of gaps and definitely not seamless.
First scan p0107, p2227,
Second scan p0107, p2227, p0101, p2263
3rd scan
9 errors Engine control
P0106, p2227, p0101, p0093, 3x u0101, p2263.
Your help is much appreciated, thx
Wednesday, June 24th, 2015 AT 10:41 AM