Can you tell me where the fuel filter and fuel regulator is located on the car

GEARDUPAUTOMOTIVE
  • 2007 CHRYSLER PACIFICA
Car was brought in, it died on the highway, hooked computer to vehicle, computer said crankshaft position sensor, we replaced the sensor and the car is starting and is very hard to start, the computer is still saying crankshaft position sensor. Pulled starter, starter was bad, replaced starter, still hard to start but it will start with starting fluid and stay running. Computer also throwing misfires replaced plugs, which were bad. When starting it is very hard to start like it is starving for fuel, but once it gets started it stays running. So next step fuel, there is power going to the pump and it is kicking off and on.
Friday, September 16th, 2011 AT 1:09 AM

The fuel filter is part of the fuel pump module and is only replaceable as part of that module. The regulator is in the tank too. Have you checked fuel pump pressure?
+3
Friday, September 16th, 2011 AT 1:13 AM
MICKEYJOJO
I would like to know if the regulator is part of the fuel pump as well or a separate entity?
Wednesday, March 28th, 2018 AT 9:16 PM
KEN

The fuel pump and filter are services as one unit though you may be able to get the filter only from the dealer or parts store. The tank will need to be removed to change it out here is a guide to help you see what you are in for when doing the job.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-an-electric-fuel-pump

Here are the diagrams of what it will be like for your car (below)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
+1
Saturday, March 31st, 2018 AT 12:40 PM
MICKEYJOJO
Thanks Ken. I was able to access the pump through the back seat without going under the car.
Saturday, March 31st, 2018 AT 1:12 PM
KEN
O sweet, It didn't say that in the manual good info.

Use 2CarPros anytime, we are here to help. Please tell a friend.

Cheers, Ken
Sunday, April 1st, 2018 AT 3:55 PM