HEAT PROBLEM

2007 Chrysler Pacifica

Just me and you

When I warm my car up in the winter or we are sitting at a stop light my car only blows cold air why? The temp gage is fine and runs great just need heat to warm up the inside when it is -30 wind chill. Please please help thank you in advance..

No Heat

homer1967

You could have a restricted heater core, a stuck open thermostat, be low on coolant, or have a bad blend door motor or actuator. Does it blow heat at highway speed?Can you feel the air blowing?If you turn the control from hot to cold can you feel a temperature change in the air coming out. With the car sitting still fully warmed up try reving the car up in short quick burst, like vroom wait vroom wait for about 3 or 4 minutes and see if the air gets warm.

Just me and you

It only blows cold when we are sitting at a stop light. When I give it gas it blows heat. I have also heard air in the line that it needs burped.

homer1967

Yeah, I would suggest that you do a heater core flush and then a good bleeding of the system. The fact that the air is hot at higher rpm's is a very good indicater that there is a restriction in the heater core. Flush in in both direction and until it looks like pure water.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement