GAS PROBLEM

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

melkee5

June, 18, 2011 AT 12:40 AM

My husband drove the truck til it ran out of gas filled it with a gas can that may have had water in it and it would not start. He drained the gas tank and then filled it back up. It finally would start but won't stay running.

PROTECH1980

June, 18, 2011 AT 12:47 AM

Can you check fuel pressure? Should be 50-60psi

melkee5

June, 18, 2011 AT 1:33 AM

How do u do that?

PROTECH1980

June, 18, 2011 AT 1:44 AM

There is a port on the fuel rail to attach a fuel pressure gauge, the gauge will read fuel pressure, check it and get back to me with the specs.

Danlesabre

June, 18, 2011 AT 5:15 AM

Have you brought it to a gas station to fill up? You may have old and/or bad gas in it. Have you added more fresh gas?

melkee5

June, 18, 2011 AT 6:12 AM

Yes added fresh gas after draining the gas tank. Can't drive it to the gas station though. We used a different gas can to get new gas.

Danlesabre

June, 18, 2011 AT 7:23 PM

You have dirty injectors. Fuel inject cleaner from a parts store might make it run a little better. A Professional fuel injection cleaning service at a shop would work better. If the problem persists, you will need to replace some or all of the injectors.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test