Wheel speed sensors?

ASVENTU
  • 2007 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
129885 miles. DTC C0055. Where is the location of the rear wheel speed sensor? Engine Vortec 5.3L V8 4x4. Gas. VIN 1GCEK14J57Z576861. Because I cant find the rear wheel speed sensor, I opt to replace the vehicle speed sensor and scanned it again. But it displays the same DTC C0055.
Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 AT 8:47 AM

KHLOW2008
Refer to diagram. If you encounter any abnormal grinding noises, the cause could be from the diffrential rather than the wheel speed sensors.
+3
Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 AT 9:03 AM
ASVENTU
Sir, the silverado that we have here, the rear brakes are Drum brakes not rotor disk brakes. Only the front are rotor disk brakes. The diagram that you sent to me is rotor disk brake. One more thing is that when I run the car, it would take almost 100 meters before the speedometer work and the transmission start to shift as well.I replaced the vehicle speed sensor but still the same problem.
Thursday, October 11th, 2012 AT 4:21 AM
KHLOW2008
It sounds like the ABS module is going out here is a video to help you change it out.

https://youtu.be/lUotkKXG9dY

Disk or drum they should be similar in location. Check the rear of brake at backing plate to see if you can find the sensors.

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
+2
Thursday, October 11th, 2012 AT 5:33 PM
DENTALFITCHIC
Thank for the video, got my car fixed cost me $160.00 for the module all set :) I love this site.
Tuesday, September 11th, 2018 AT 12:52 PM
DERBYKING1985
  • 2004 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Needing to know location of the rear wheel speed sensor and where it is at on the truck.
Monday, August 31st, 2020 AT 11:22 AM (Merged)
SCGRANTURISMO

In the diagrams down below I have included a diagram showing the locations of the Wheel Speed Sensors for your vehicle. They are located on the front wheels and not on the rear wheels as they will be traveling as fast as the rear wheels, so there is no need for them on the rear wheels. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
+1
WWEBER
  • 2001 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2001 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

At times when I turn corners the locking differental tries to hook up on dry pavement. What damage could happen and where are the sensors located.
SERVICE WRITER
IS it a crow hop kind of feel?
Are you in 4wd at that time?

IF the brakes are false abs-ing, then clean thecorrosion build up under the front wheel speed sensors, clean the mounting pad and coat sensors with silicone grease.

IS the abs light coming on?

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_sil1_1.jpg

The sensor goes into the hub. Replacement ones come with the sensor becasue they don't come out in 1 piece too often.

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_sil2_2.jpg

WWEBER
No Its not ABS related.I fixed that problem 2 years ago. No Its not in 4-wheel drive. Its only the back axle that makes a klunking sound and it tries to engage the locking differental. No the ABS light does not come on.
SERVICE WRITER
Sorry, went down the wrong path on that.

Big aluminum driveshaft? They resonate noise pretty good.

Is the thumping /clunking noise in the rear axle while driving down the road, more noticeable it more on the one to two upshift? IF so, try greasing the splines on the end of the rear driveshaft that fits into the transfer case.

IF this is not the case either, then next I would mark the tires at the bottom with a crayon. Drive it for 10 wheel rotations. All of the marks should stilll be at the bottom. IF not then there is a circumference problem that may have caused damage.

IF I'm still in left field on this, post a fresh new question, so it flags as not being answered.

Sponsored links