HYDROLIC LIFTERS R&R

2007 Chevrolet Impala

pos07impala

March, 5, 2012 AT 7:06 PM

Ok so basically when I did my intake manifold gaskets when I torqued the rockers down and bled down a couple lifters, well when I went to start it the top end was noisy, after 4-5k the lifter is still clackin away and I assume it needs to. Be. Replaced since it won't pump up.

Should I replace all?
What is the correct procedure for installing?

This is what I was told
Don't need to soak in oil
Just lube up contact. Points and the cam lobes
And on start up the car should be held at about 2k rpm for about 10 min to allow the lifters to pump up as they should.

Correct me. If I'm. Wrong please.

Tappet Noise

Tappet Noise

Wrenchtech

March, 5, 2012 AT 7:57 PM

Did you put the correct pushrods in the correct places?

pos07impala

March, 5, 2012 AT 9:45 PM

I did the intake gasket 2 times. I checked them over and asked a ase engine mechanic and they are in the correct order without a doubt, the car idles smooth, lil low but steady. My issue is no power and an rpm jump after letting off gas. If it were a Pushrod wouldn't something give after 5k miles?

Wrenchtech

March, 5, 2012 AT 9:47 PM

There is only a 1/4" difference between intake and exhaust push rods and they are often mixed up.

pos07impala

March, 5, 2012 AT 9:49 PM

BTW I checked vacuum and it started off fluctuating 1-2 at idle now its like 3-4
Compression is -/+ 5 psi at 200 across the cylinders, I don't think its an incorrect placement. But if you would be obliged to tell me the Pushrod layout again ill tell you if their in right without a shadow of a doubt

pos07impala

March, 5, 2012 AT 9:54 PM

BTW the intake are blue and the exhaust are yellow if I remember correctly

Wrenchtech

March, 5, 2012 AT 10:33 PM

Ere is how they go.

The intake pushrods are identified with yellow stripes and are 5 3/4 inches long.

Exhaust pushrods are identified with green stripes and are 6 inches long.

pos07impala

March, 5, 2012 AT 11:48 PM

Ok and I'm just curious but if the valve wasn't seating completely would that cause a miss? That's the only reason I don't think it was that, no miss fires at any load even.
Wot

Wrenchtech

March, 6, 2012 AT 12:30 AM

Take a complete compression test. You did something wrong putting it back together. The almost guarantee the lifters aren't bad.

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars