2007 Chevy Equinox engine coolant temperature gage

KMITHUN
  • 2007 CHEVROLET EQUINOX
  • AWD
About three weeks ago I purchased a 2007 Chevy Equinox. Everything was working correctly and a few days ago, my engine coolant temp gage started acting up. When I turn on my car that needle and the gas gage needle bounce up and down then settle on the spot where they are. But the needle for the engine coolant temp gage somehow managed to move backwards and is always in the upward position (too hot). Even if my car has been off for hours or over night. What could be the problem!
Thursday, June 30th, 2011 AT 11:45 PM

SATURNTECH9
Could be a bad coolant temp sensor or even a bad body control module. You have any code's?
-2
Friday, July 1st, 2011 AT 12:35 AM
FACTORYJACK
If the needle is sticking, even with the key off, it may be a concern with the instrument panel cluster. The best way to determine if the cluster is at fault is to have a gauge sweep test performed, that requires the use of a scan tool that will interrogate the cluster and perform special function overrides.
+2
Friday, July 1st, 2011 AT 3:07 AM