OIL LIGHT

2007 Chevrolet Aveo

Anna

November, 14, 2011 AT 5:53 PM

Replace head gasket and all o rings, car does not overheat, rpm, s perfect, does not use oil or have any oil leaks. Engine runs good. The oil light comes on when I stop and goes off when I drive. I notice it comes on when im drining some times. I cheeck the oil stick and its the same place, its not low. Why does the oil light come on? Will it go off on its own?

fixitmr

November, 14, 2011 AT 7:50 PM

Could be electrical issue or the sender is getting out of specified limits. If oil pressure really drops for any small amount of time the engine will start to make tapping knocking noises and should not be driven till oil system is checked for proper pressure. When vehicle is at stop, oil is at it's lowest pressure since engine rpm is low. You can try removing a quart of oil and adding LUCAS oil stabilizer in it's place to improve VISCOSITY which improves PRESSURE potential. This may solve light issue by itself. Or just wait till next oil change and have it added then.

Engine Oil Change and Filter
Engine Oil Change and Filter Scion xD
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement