Replacment of impacts sensors on a 2007 Buick Lucerne

ANSKYJS
  • 2007 BUICK LUCERNE

Airbag light comes on, turns off airbags untill car is shut off and back on again. Buick dealer says it is a impact sensor problem. I am told that when these sensors are changed you have to reset the module, what module and where?

Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 AT 2:33 PM

This is best left to a dealer. The sensors are installed inteh bumper and they have the equiptment to reset the module. Even if you did this yourself and didn't explode the bags you wold have to take it to a dealer to reset the module anyhow.

Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 AT 2:46 PM
ANSKYJS

Not the answer I am looking for. I am more then qualified too do the work my self, all I need is how to reset the module.

-1
Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 AT 4:34 PM

If you have a tech 2 which mostly dealers have to reset it then you can, otherwise you'll have to have the dealer do it. The tech 2 is a computer for iagnosising and bypassing systems. The pro models sold by snap on, mac etc can't do that.

Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 AT 4:38 PM