LOCKS

2006 Saturn Ion

patrei

March, 10, 2011 AT 6:04 PM

I have aSaturn Ion 2006. I have noticed that whne I lock the doors with the remote, the icon in the dashboard styas either on or flashing. Is it supposed to stya on or there is something wrong?

saturntech9

March, 10, 2011 AT 6:21 PM

Yes when you arm the system it let's you know it's armed here is a description of it.

SECURITY Indicator
The SECURITY indicator on the instrument cluster is controlled by both the VTD system and the CTD system. The SECURITY indicator is an LED on the instrument cluster which illuminates the word THEFT. The SECURITY indicator is controlled by the body control module grounding the security indicator control circuit.

* The VTD system commands the instrument cluster to control the indicator only when the ignition switch is ON. The VTD system uses the indicator as a malfunction indicator.
* The CTD system commands the instrument cluster to control the indicator only when the ignition switch is OFF. The CTD system uses the indicator to identify system status.

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner