DID COOLANT FLUSH NOW I HAVE NO HEAT ??

2006 Pontiac G6

Jcof88

November, 2, 2011 AT 8:45 PM

I have a 2006 G6 V6 3.5, when I got it the heat worked just fine. I did a coolant flush on it with dexcool - and now ever since my heat has gone to ****. They blow out luke warm air no where near to hot and one of my vents is more cold then warm its weird. I did replace my teromstat still nothing. I took my dash apart to see if the air vents were lose they are not. The temp guage reads a little below 225 where it has always ran. Any help on this would be great its getting colder and colder in ohio as we get close to winter I need some heat Thanks Guys.

No Heat

November, 2, 2011 AT 9:54 PM

Check the heater hoses and the heater core, also the air blend door/actuator-Did you bleed the cooling system?

Jcof88

November, 3, 2011 AT 12:30 AM

I did check both the heater hoses both are hot, I did bleed it with the bleed valve. And what is the air blend door/actuator how do I check that thanks

jndixson

December, 19, 2011 AT 12:43 AM

I am having the same problem checked everything out got a new thermostat and bleed the valve for air bubbles. Only one o my vents gets semi hot and that the one on the drivers side. The 2 in the middle go room warm to cold every time I have something done to get it fixed and the one on the passenger side is freezing. The last time I tried to get this fixed the guy went in the car on the floor behind the controls and opened the vent the 2 vent in the middle began to get warm again but eventually went back to cold after driving 10 min. The vent on the end was cold. Now I'm being told that I need to get a my climate controls replaced because the vents are not opening up. Before I buy could this really be the problem.

Wrenchtech

December, 19, 2011 AT 12:51 AM

Jndixson, you need to start a question or your own. This one belongs to someone else.

jndixson

December, 19, 2011 AT 1:08 AM

Ok

December, 19, 2011 AT 1:51 AM

You need to degut the dash and investigate what's going on back there.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement