NISSAN SENTRA IDLE ISSUES

• Flash728
  • 2006 Nissan Sentra

On my way home from work on Friday my check engine light came on at a stop light, prior to this I had noticed that upon pulling off of the freeway that the RPM's hung at about 1500 for about 1 minute. I took the car to pepboys where I had the code read and cleared. The code that was read was P0507 that reads, "Idle speed control system RPM higher than expected" I called my uncle who is a mechanic and he advised me to buy some throttle body cleaner and clean it out because he said theres probably build up thats holding the butterfly valve open. I purchased regular throttle body cleaner took apart the intake, disconnecting only the MAF (Mass Airflow sensor) to get to the TB. I opened the butterfly valve with my fingers while I sprayed the cleaner wiping away any overspray as the instructions on the can said. After cleaning it up I reassembled the intake making sure everything was tight so there were no leaks. Once I started the car, the idle began to occilate from 1500 to 2500 rpm. I tried the Idle Air Volume Learning and the Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning and so far the idle hasn't changed. I've already ordered a new throttle body, but I downloaded and read the Factory Service manual which states that the "Diagnostic Procedure" is to check PCV connection, check for air leaks after the MAF, and to replace the ECU. Does anyone have any advice for me or anything I should be aware of regarding this fix? The vehicle is a 2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V with the 2.5 QR25 Engine

Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 AT 12:31 AM

• ASEMaster6371

I still think you have a vacuum leak at the intake manifold. Coomon issue for this.

Never erase a code as the freeze frame would have given you information when the code set to see vital readings.

Have the intake smoke tested.

Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 AT 12:38 AM
  • Flash728

Is there any way I can do this test at home? I'm trying to spend as little money as possible.

Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 AT 12:55 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

You need a smoke machine. It is a thosand dollar tool. It is cheaper to spend 79 bucks and have it done

Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 AT 12:57 AM
  • Flash728

OK I'll get it tested

Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 AT 1:12 AM
  • Flash728

I tested it, no leaks. Any other ideas?

Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 AT 3:32 AM