THE HEATER BLOWS COLD AIR.

2006 Mercury Marquis

meswa

October, 10, 2011 AT 5:04 PM

I have a 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis. Coolant level is OK. I replaced the thermostat, no change. HELP ! Also the door under the dash opens and closes turning heat on and off.

No Heat

Jacobandnickolas

October, 10, 2011 AT 5:06 PM

The door you hear is the blend air door. It is what determines the temp that enters the vehicle. Check the actuator on the door. If it is moving around, you will get heat and then outside air (cool).

meswa

October, 10, 2011 AT 5:32 PM

I watched the door open and close.
I still don't get heat, only cold air?

Jacobandnickolas

October, 10, 2011 AT 5:36 PM

Okay, I need you to check something. I thought the door was working on and off. With the engine hot, the heater on high, feel both heater core hoses at the fire wall. Are both hot?

meswa

October, 10, 2011 AT 5:40 PM

Jacobandnickolas

October, 10, 2011 AT 5:46 PM

If the hoses are both hot, then something has to be heppening with the blend door not staying positioned correctly.

meswa

October, 10, 2011 AT 5:50 PM

Is there more than one door?
The one inside that is in front of the blower motor opens and closes switching from air to heat.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 10, 2011 AT 5:58 PM

No, that is it. I tried to find a picture. The best I could find was of the actuator. Take a look and let me know if it looks the same as what you are seeing.

meswa

October, 10, 2011 AT 6:03 PM

No. The door is vertical. Opens with Air cond and closes when I move the switch to heat.

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Replace Heater Core
Cabin Air Filter Replacement