IS THERE A WAY TO ADJUST THE VEHICLE HEIGHT WITHOUT A SCAN TOOL?

2006 Lincoln Navigator

floistad

May, 13, 2012 AT 7:59 PM

Came out and RF bag deflated. Turned off air ride and jacked up vehicle. Replaced the RF solinoid. Put wheel back on ground and turned on air ride. Bags inflated and is inflating and venting 4X4, kneel and 2X4 ride height. However, RF now is ~ 2 inches higher than LF. Can I adjust without access to appropriate scan tool?

May, 13, 2012 AT 8:05 PM

Scan tol does not adjust. It is done by the height sensors on each wheel.

floistad

May, 13, 2012 AT 8:13 PM

Sorry, is there a way to recalibrate the height sensors to level the left and right sides?

May, 13, 2012 AT 8:14 PM

No, if one is lower than the other, then you may have a bad air bag on the effected wheel.

floistad

May, 13, 2012 AT 8:25 PM

Negative, prior to replacing the solinoid, 3 of 4 corners were similar (after compensating for the RF all the way down). Now, RF is higher than the remaining 3. However, both front kneel and all 4 raise 1 inch when activating the 4x4 offroad. When deactivating 4x4 offroad all 4 lower. But RF is still higher than LF.

May, 13, 2012 AT 8:29 PM

Did you use factory parts?

floistad

May, 13, 2012 AT 8:36 PM

No I didn't. The RF solinoid is the only one replaced. I used the $30 Arnott versus the $200 factory.

floistad

May, 13, 2012 AT 10:39 PM

Would a non-Ford solinoid affect the ride height of one corner of the vehicle when it vents (to kneel) and then reinflates?

May, 14, 2012 AT 12:25 AM

I would never trust aftermarket for these systems unless you do them all.

Thats why the factory is 200 and the other isnt. Sometimes, the aftermarket units do not meet the specs of factory parts resulting in some weird situations.

floistad

May, 14, 2012 AT 3:43 AM

Thanks for your time.

I checked into the testing procedures in the Lincoln manuals and it describes the recalibration process (with Ford scanner). I quess I will have to pay a dealership to recalibrate the ride height. I was hoping to be able to save the time and do it myself.