Is there a way to adjust the vehicle height without a scan tool?

FLOISTAD
  • 2006 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR
Came out and RF bag deflated. Turned off air ride and jacked up vehicle. Replaced the RF solinoid. Put wheel back on ground and turned on air ride. Bags inflated and is inflating and venting 4X4, kneel and 2X4 ride height. However, RF now is ~ 2 inches higher than LF. Can I adjust without access to appropriate scan tool?
Sunday, May 13th, 2012 AT 7:59 PM

ASEMASTER6371
Scan tol does not adjust. It is done by the height sensors on each wheel.

Sunday, May 13th, 2012 AT 8:05 PM
FLOISTAD
Sorry, is there a way to recalibrate the height sensors to level the left and right sides?
Sunday, May 13th, 2012 AT 8:13 PM
ASEMASTER6371
No, if one is lower than the other, then you may have a bad air bag on the effected wheel.

Sunday, May 13th, 2012 AT 8:14 PM
FLOISTAD
Negative, prior to replacing the solinoid, 3 of 4 corners were similar (after compensating for the RF all the way down). Now, RF is higher than the remaining 3. However, both front kneel and all 4 raise 1 inch when activating the 4x4 offroad. When deactivating 4x4 offroad all 4 lower. But RF is still higher than LF.
Sunday, May 13th, 2012 AT 8:25 PM
ASEMASTER6371
Did you use factory parts?
Sunday, May 13th, 2012 AT 8:29 PM
FLOISTAD
No I didn't. The RF solinoid is the only one replaced. I used the $30 Arnott versus the $200 factory.
Sunday, May 13th, 2012 AT 8:36 PM
FLOISTAD
Would a non-Ford solinoid affect the ride height of one corner of the vehicle when it vents (to kneel) and then reinflates?
Sunday, May 13th, 2012 AT 10:39 PM
ASEMASTER6371
I would never trust aftermarket for these systems unless you do them all.

Thats why the factory is 200 and the other isnt. Sometimes, the aftermarket units do not meet the specs of factory parts resulting in some weird situations.

Monday, May 14th, 2012 AT 12:25 AM
FLOISTAD
Thanks for your time.

I checked into the testing procedures in the Lincoln manuals and it describes the recalibration process (with Ford scanner). I quess I will have to pay a dealership to recalibrate the ride height. I was hoping to be able to save the time and do it myself.
+1
Monday, May 14th, 2012 AT 3:43 AM