CHANGING AIR CLEANER FILTER
Check status (fouling, damage, etc.) Of air cleaner filter at power duct hole.
Fig. 10: Identifying Air Cleaner Filter
1. Remove air duct (inlet) from air cleaner case.
2. Disconnect harness connector from mass air flow sensor.
3. Loosen clamp bolts of air hose.
4. Remove mounting bolts for air cleaner case. Remove air cleaner case/mass air flow sensor/air hose assembly.
Fig. 11: Identifying Air Duct (Inlet) From Air Cleaner Case
5. Unfasten clips and open air cleaner case, and remove air cleaner filter.
Fig. 12: Identifying Air Cleaner Filter
Note the following, and install in the reverse order of removal. If grommet at bottom of air cleaner case comes off together with air cleaner case, fix it to vehicle before installation.
Look at internal bottom face through power duct hole, and position air cleaner case with resonator upper end circle and air cleaner case round hole aligned. Then push air cleaner case straight down.
At this time, check by hand if protrusion at bottom of air cleaner case has been inserted into grommet on vehicle side.
Clip power duct with bulge on reverse side of lower end engaged with air cleaner case.
Fig. 13: Identifying Resonator Connection Portion
Images (Click to enlarge)
Monday, May 30th, 2011 AT 4:57 PM