DOORS/TRUNK SAY AJAR WHEN NOT, DOORS WILL NOT LOCK

2006 Ford Taurus

Sunshine Daydreams

June, 3, 2012 AT 2:23 AM

Approx. 2weeks ago my driver door window spazzed out. Took to mechanic who replaced my "regulator". Now my all four doors as well as my trunk or "deck lid" are reading they are ajar. And the auto door lock is not functioning. Wondering if something could have gone wrong when they replaced my reguator... Or what the possibilities could be for why my car is acting up all of a sudden! 2006 Ford Taurus SEL. Thanks!

June, 3, 2012 AT 2:54 AM

Return the car to the shop and have them re check there work. It sounds like either something is not connected or he may have broken something in the process.

Sunshine Daydreams

June, 3, 2012 AT 12:53 PM

Appreciate your advice *smiles*. Do you still think that is the most likely scenario even though there was a one-two week gap between having my regulator replaced and the current issue? Not sure if I was clear about that.(!) Thanks again!

June, 3, 2012 AT 1:56 PM

I cant tell being here and you are there. Take it back and ask them to re check there work and explain the situation to them.

Neilscustoms

June, 18, 2012 AT 1:31 AM

Lub the door latches in the doors with WD40 they have electrical sencers in them that detect the doors open or closed it is a common problem I have fixed many times

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML