HEARING WHISTLING SOUND WHEN DRIVING

2006 Ford Freestar

newzaz127

February, 1, 2012 AT 11:33 PM

I have a 2006 Ford freestar. I am having problems with hearing a whistling sound when driving, and a clanking sound when backing up and going over bumps. Any idea what this could be?

Just replaced front brakes and rooters in December. Whistling sound seems to come and go, and is louder depending on the temperature outside.

hmac300

February, 1, 2012 AT 11:41 PM

Does the whistling dissappear when brakes are applied? Check for a vacuum leak or around your doors/windows for air leaks.

newzaz127

February, 2, 2012 AT 12:38 AM

Yes the whistling stops when I brake. Also the noise seems to be coming from the tire area.

hmac300

February, 2, 2012 AT 12:33 PM

Get your brakes checked then, it ma be the "squealers" that tell you it's time for a brake job. That normally happens so you don't do damage to the rotors and they can be cut instead of replacing them.

mel issa

August, 19, 2013 AT 1:54 AM

Yes and no. It take. Long time to get up to speed. But. Do now this. When I leave car. At my house. It still does. It. Even when its off

mel issa

August, 19, 2013 AT 3:33 AM

When. Should. I take my. Ford. Freestar. In. For. All the recalls.

hmac300

August, 19, 2013 AT 6:56 AM

You will be or have been notified when to bring it in for a recall. If not check with the dealer.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic