Ford focus 2006, 1.6 duratec engine. Auto gear transaxle.I want to change car cabin air filter.I want to know where it is located. And how to replace it.
Saturday, October 13th, 2012 AT 8:40 PM
CABIN AIR FILTER
1. Place windshield wipers in vertical position. Open hood.
NOTE: Gasket will be destroyed when the air cowl grille is removed.
2. To detach the passenger side half of the cowl grille unclip the 2 clips, remove the cap and unscrew and remove bolt.
3. Remove the pollen filter by opening the service flap and remove the pollen filter.
NOTE: Right hand drive vehicle is shown in Fig. 1. Cabin air filter is
located on passenger side of engine compartment on left hand drive vehicles.
1. Install the pollen filter.
2. A grille with rubber edging is inserted between the wiper motor and the filter housing. This must be cleaned of dirt every time the filter is changed.
3. Install the air cowl grille. The manfacturer recommends installing a NEW air cowl grille gasket. Ensure the air cowl grille gasket for the windshield is seated correctly.
Saturday, October 13th, 2012 AT 9:01 PM
IF you have one it will be in the vent area in front of windshield. But you probably don't, there wold be a flap to lift to replace the filter.