TRUCK ENGINE REPLACEMENT

2006 Ford F-150

joshuahaisten@yahoo.com

February, 22, 2012 AT 5:38 PM

I have a 2006 ford f150 with the non-flex fuel 5.4 recently it stopped running and when I took it in to 2 shops for diagnostic they stated #8 cylinder had come apart and I needed a new motor. My question is this. What is the cheapest way to do this. I found a motor from a navigator with 89k miles on it for 2300. How much should I expect to pay to have it installed. And is it a good idea to go with a motor like this. I only have about $3,300 to spend and from everything I read this is no way enough. What can I do I need to get it fixed

February, 22, 2012 AT 5:43 PM

The used motor is the way to go but 2300 sounds high. I would continue to shop around. I think that 1500-1800 is more realistic.

The labor is the killer. It pays around 18-20 hours to change.

Remember, they will be no warranty what so ever from the shop as you supplied the motor.

joshuahaisten@yahoo.com

February, 22, 2012 AT 6:07 PM

What is the highest mileage you would recommend from a used motor? Where would you suggest I look to find a motor at the price you think is acceptable? You said I would have no warranty if I supplied the motor but will a shop find a used motor for me? And if so how much more would they charge than if I found it myself?

joshuahaisten@yahoo.com

February, 22, 2012 AT 6:08 PM

And how many hours am I looking at for labor on a motor swap?

February, 22, 2012 AT 6:12 PM

As I said before 18-20 hours in labor.

A shop will find it but they will mark it up as they are in business to make money. The amount is up to them.

Call several junk yards for pricing. I never believe mileages they give as it cannot be verified.

Some junk yards will install the motor as well. As them when you call.

Air Filter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda CR-V
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series