ABS, AUTO 4X4, AND TRACTION CONTROL NOT WORKING

2006 Ford Explorer

Nutcase76

February, 7, 2012 AT 4:56 AM

2006 Ford Explorer XLT with auto 4x4. One morning out of the blue, a ton of warning lights came on. The brake light, the abs light, the traction control light, and the little open end wrench light all came on. I assume its some kind of sensor, but have no clue where to start. I know for a fact that the abs is not working. The auto 4x4 is also not working. It will go into 4x4 high, but you can not get the traction control to turn off. When you push the 4x4 low button, it just blinks and won't engage. London of a pain in the butt when you live on a dirt road and its February in Michigan. Any advice where to start would be greatly appreciated.

Jacobandnickolas

February, 7, 2012 AT 4:57 AM

Have the computer scanned for trouble codes. It should point you in the right direction.

Nutcase76

February, 7, 2012 AT 6:38 AM

I'm sorry. That's the 1 thing that I forgot to put in the message. I stopped by Autozone to have it scanned and it came back with no codes whatsoever. Was trying to avoid taking it to the dealer for a scan.

Jacobandnickolas

February, 7, 2012 AT 7:42 PM

Contact the auto zone you went to. Usually the don't have scanners that will read more than engine codes. Therefore, their scanner won't read or recognize a problem with the 4wd.

ABS Computer Replacement
Wonder How Traction Control Works?