1.4 ENGINE PROBLEM

2006 Citroen C4

Tomcho

June, 23, 2012 AT 2:21 AM

Hello, I have Citroen c4 1.4i from 2006. I have problem about 2 years and nobody can't help me(read- everybody told me a different things). I have problem with my car engine, almost every time when I drive or when the car stay with engine on - he lost the power and going to shuts off. 1/10 times its happen to be everything ok, I noticed when the weather is hot +25 celsius this thing happen very often but I think that can't be some reason for the loosing power and turn engine off. If you know please help me because I don't have mo? Time and nerves and money to listen "my" service.
Thank you

mhpautos

June, 23, 2012 AT 10:45 AM

Proberbly a poor power conection somewhere or even a bad earth, I would just start with a diagnosis scan just to see if there are any set fault codes that require attention first.

Tomcho

June, 24, 2012 AT 10:51 PM

I been in a citroen servis, they put the car on the diagnostic and can't find any fault codes or something wrong with my car. I want ask you, can my problem can coming from the spark plugs or some sensor for the fuel pump, because in the citroen garage told me that this car citroen 1.4i don't have fuel filter?
Thank you again

mhpautos

June, 24, 2012 AT 10:58 PM

I would say it will have an in tank filter attached to the pump, I can't imagine it not having any filter at all.

Tomcho

June, 26, 2012 AT 4:55 AM

Would you like sent me picture of fuel filter on the citroen c4 1.4i to know where is and tell in the garage to change that filter. Thank you

mhpautos

June, 26, 2012 AT 7:13 AM

We have no pics, I am thinking that this is the case as many modern cars use in tank filters, surly the dealer can advise if this is the case?

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Engine Torque Mount Replacement
Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang