AUTOMATIC LOCK NOT WORKING

2006 Chrysler Town and Country

JeanJ4826

August, 2, 2011 AT 4:30 PM

My lock on the sliding passenger side door isn't working when I use the button to unlock all of the doors. How do I fix this? Is it a fuse or do I need to take it to a shop? I think something is also wrong with the vent window in back on that same side. Could the problems be connected?

gladsonly

August, 21, 2011 AT 12:02 PM

I'm not a mechanic, but have exact same problem. Let me know if you get an answer.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 8, 2011 AT 4:50 AM

If the others work, chances are it isn't a fuse. You need to remove the door panel to see if there is power to the lock solenoid. If there is, the solenoid is most likely bad. If there is no power, you need to trace the power supply back to find where the power is lost.

caldog41

October, 28, 2011 AT 5:47 PM

I also had this problem and can tell you that the door lock control? Had to be replaced. I ended up going with a used part because NO ONE had a new part in stock! I have intermittent problems with this one too.

cadieman

October, 28, 2011 AT 6:45 PM

Youll need to check the lock acuator in the door. It maybe a bad lock acuator or a loose rod going to the lock assy.

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Dynamat Door Installation