Trans. Fluid

GOTTROUBLES
  • 2006 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
Have a 2006 Chrysler T&C with 41,300 miles. Have been told that auto. Transmission fluid should be changed since it is slightly brown. Not pure red?
Nothing in owners manual even mentions changing trans. Fluid, no matter the mileage.
Your opinion will be most appreciated.
Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 7:25 PM

SATURNTECH9
The information I have says to change it every 60,000 mile's if it's slightly brown but still has red color I would let it ride. That's my opinion.
Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 7:34 PM
SATURNTECH9
Or if you wanted to change it before 60,000 mile's that wouldn't be a bad thing to do. It's been in there going on 5yrs so moisture can get in the fluid.I always like to change it before or on time depending on how long it's been in there. Better to be safe then sorry with a transmission.
Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 7:38 PM
GOTTROUBLES
Thanks guys. Now I can feel comfortable having it done. One other question.
Again I'm told most vehicles do not have filters any longer. So have one of those deals that is connected up on top and the running trans. Pumps out the old and pulls in the new fluid is the way to go since it causes a total change. Opinion?
Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 8:04 PM
SATURNTECH9
You actually have a transmission filter that gets changed on your transmission with the fluid. We used to have a transmission flusher machine at the saturn dealer I worked at not a big fan of it actually. What I found is it does actually get most of the old fluid out and the new fluid. But the problem we ran into was it also pushes debris around and can clog up port's solenoid's etc. We had some car's come back shortly after flushing them with transmission issue's. From the debris getting pushed around. My opinion on them they can do more harm then good in some case's. To me I wouldn't want to throw the dice on a transmission. So I would just get the fluid and filter changed.
Sunday, March 6th, 2011 AT 12:31 AM