2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser radiator cooling fan

JLCCAMERA3
  • 2006 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER
Cooling fan for radiator does not come on. Initially only the A/C was affected but coolant temp was still fine. A month later, now the fan doesn't come on at all. I assume it's a relay issue since the problem went from one speed to now the other? Is this accurate? Where would I find the relays to replace them? They are not in the fuse box in the engine compartment. I see what look like relays in various spots, but I have no idea whats what. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Monday, August 17th, 2015 AT 1:51 PM

There are a few variations on this circuit, and you have to figure out which items your car has. Some 2006 models have to use the 2005 service manual and wiring diagram. The early versions used two relays mounted near the top of the radiator shroud. The later version used a computer module with four wires. Those were mounted down lower, near the driver's side of the radiator. As I recall, there was another version that used the module along with the two relays.
+1
Monday, August 17th, 2015 AT 7:49 PM
JLCCAMERA3
There are two blocks with witres to them going to the top passenger side of the fan assembly on the engine side. They seem permanently attached to thew fan. Also, near the fuse box close the the firewall( I assume that's what separates the engine compartment from the inside of the car) which is the drivers side near the strut, are two relay looking things that look similar with blue wires. The previous mentioned have red wires. The only thing near the bottom of the fan seems to be the main power supply. The only fuse box for the car only has fuses. Nothing else. If need be, I can attempt to attach photos of such areas. Thanks for helping.
+1
Monday, August 17th, 2015 AT 8:25 PM
The under-hood fuse box is the "TIPM" (Totally Integrated Power Module). That is an entire computer module under all those fuses. It is involved with turning on the radiator fan relays through the fan module if your car has one.
+1
Monday, August 17th, 2015 AT 9:21 PM