2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Exterior lights

STEVEMPI
  • 2006 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER
When I unlock the car the exterior lights come on as normal. When I insert the key and start the car they turn off. When I use the knob on the turn signal to turn the lights on nothing happens. None of the exterior lights come on. I checked the fuses that are just behind the air cleaner. They all seem good.
Steve
Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015 AT 9:23 AM

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE HAVING EITHER A

1) LOW BATTERY ISSUE

2) BAD BATTERY ISSUE (EVEN A BRAND NEW ONE COULD BE BAD)

3) CONNECTION PROBLEM

AS FOR THE 1ST TWO, TAKE MR. BATTERY TO A POPULAR AUTO PARTS STORE FOR TESTING. IT MAY NEED A CHARGE, OR YOU MAY NEED A NEW ONE (IT MAY STILL HAVE A WARRANTY FROM WHERE IT WAS BOUGHT)

IF THAT PUPPY IS "DONE", YOU MIGHT TRY THIS (IT MAY BE WORTH YOUR TIME/ AND POCKETBOOK TO MOVE ON TO THIS STORE) "TRT30" PROMO CODE WILL SAVE YOU A BIG CHUNK! PLEASE READ MY LINK BELOW!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2001-dodge-neon-milage-just-want-put-fliuds-their-locations

THIS NEXT PART IS GONNA BE IF YOU WANNA TRY THIS FIRST, THEN HAVE THE BATTERY TESTED (YOU MIGHT WIND UP DOING THIS PART TWICE!). REGARDLESS, YOU MUST HAVE A GOOD BATTERY TO TRY THE CONNECTION STUFF IN MY NEXT LINK.

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

RETURN WITH GOOD NEWS!

Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015 AT 5:10 PM
STEVEMPI
Took the PT to a local NAPA store and they said battery and charging looked okay. What connections I can get to seem okay. As another oddity though. If you start the car and turn the headlights on they don't come on. When you take off the parking brake they come on. If you start the car with the parking brake off they don't ever come on. Unless you go through the startup cycle again.
Monday, December 7th, 2015 AT 7:31 AM
I WENT TO "PRODEMAND" TO FIND YOU A DIAGRAM OF ANYTHING DEALING WITH THE HEADLIGHTS

I HAD FOUR CHOICES FOR YOUR SUB-MODEL, BASE/ GT/ LIMITED/ TOURING

I TOOK A STAB AT "LIMITED" W/ 2.4 LITER

MANY TIMES I'VE LOOKED AT OTHER VEHICLES AND THE DIAGRAMS WERE THE SAME FOR EACH MODEL

HOWEVER, IF YOU FEEL I GOT THE WRONG INFO, I'LL BE GLAD TO GO BACK IN WITH YOUR UPDATES, SOMETIMES AN ENGINE CODE IS REQUESTED, I'LL SEE IF THE DIAGRAM IS DIFFERENT

IF YOU WILL NOTICE IN THE DIAGRAM, LOCATIONS ARE LISTED FOR THE "BOXES", FUSES AND THEIR NUMBERS AS WELL

THIS BEING LIKE A COMPUTER CONTROLLED SYSTEM, THE COMPUTERS CAN ALSO BE THE ISSUE.

(THAT'S WHY MY JEEPS ARE 1946 AND A 1977! I JUST DON'T HAVE ALL OF THAT HAIR PULLIN')

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU TRIED THIS OR NOT, SOMETIMES THINGS WILL "RESET" IF YOU SNATCH THE NEGATIVE CABLE OFF OF THE BATTERY FOR A FEW MINUTES THEN RECONNECT IT. ALONG WITH THIS YOU WILL LOSE RADIO PRESETS, AND YOU MAY HAVE TO "RELEARN THE IDLE"

CONSULT YOUR OWNERS MANUAL BEFORE YOU JUMP ON THAT SUGGESTION!

THE TWO PICS BELOW ARE TWO SCREENSHOTS OF THE HEADLIGHT CIRCUIT FROM PRODEMAND (IT WON'T LET US JUST COPY MANY OF THEIR DIAGRAMS)

THE FIRST DIAGRAM IS THE UPPER HALF OF THE SECOND

YOUR TURN

Monday, December 7th, 2015 AT 5:27 PM
STEVEMPI
Thank you for the diagrams. I agree about the complexity of cars today. When I lived in Oregon I had a friend whose new car was a 1972 jeep. He was the head of a local community college automotive engineering department. He always maintained that his older cars had better pollution specs than the newer cars. You just have to keep them properly tuned. Again, thank you for your time and help.
Monday, December 7th, 2015 AT 6:51 PM
NO PROBLEM

NEED MORE?

COME BACK TO THIS POST

DO LET US KNOW WHAT YOU FIND!

I HOPE YOU AIN'T BALD YET FROM TEARING YOUR HAIR OUT!

Monday, December 7th, 2015 AT 7:11 PM