2006 Chevy Equinox clicking sound from the steering

JAMESHEFTY3
  • 2006 CHEVROLET EQUINOX
We just purchased a 2006 Chevy Equinox LT in excellent condition with approx 60K miles but have a problem. When we turn the wheel hard to the right we hear a noticeable clicking sound coming from the right wheel area.

When we crank the wheel hard to the right there is an obvious clicking noise coming from the right wheel assembly area. I am not familiar with this car so I thought it might be a CV joint but a local well known tire and brake company looked at it and said that was not the problem and they really didn't go any further than that. I would like to know what I am dealing with before I have a service professional look at it so I know what to expect. Thank you.
Wednesday, March 21st, 2012 AT 5:58 PM

SATURNTECH9
Can the noise only be heard while driving and turning?
+5
Wednesday, March 21st, 2012 AT 7:16 PM
JAMESHEFTY3
Yes. If you are stationary and simply turn the wheel there is no noise. And it seems to be only audible when executing a RIGHT turn.
Wednesday, March 21st, 2012 AT 7:59 PM
SATURNTECH9
Its a rythmatic noise that doesnt follow with check you turning the steering wheel while moving?Meaning the noise is only hear while your moving and as long as the steering is in motion to the right?
+2
Wednesday, March 21st, 2012 AT 8:03 PM
JAMESHEFTY3
You don't seem to understand my question ! The noise, a clicking sound is coming from the right front wheel, not the steering wheel ! It happens when you initiate a right turn while obviously in motion ( this is obvious because a vehicle can't possible be turning right unless it is in motion) The noise is a repetative click noise that can only be heard when making a sharp right turn with the vehicle as soon as the front weels straighten out the noise ceases. I cannot make it any clearer. The noise is NOT coming from the steering wheel !
-2
Wednesday, March 21st, 2012 AT 9:14 PM
SATURNTECH9
Iam not trying to ask questions to make you mad I know its not in the steering column. Was asking because sometimes the strut mount where the strut bolts up to body and pivots they pop/clunk etc. Iam not there to test drive the vechile and hear whats going so I have to ask questions. If its a loud clacking metalic sound then it sounds like a bad cv/axle joint.I know you said a shop said the axle was good.I have had shops say things are bad or even good and turned out they were wrong.
Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 AT 2:24 AM