I DROVE FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES THEN I REALIZED ...

2006 Chevrolet Equinox

Anonymous

October, 28, 2012 AT 8:25 PM

I drove for about 10 minutes then I realized that the needle was all the way over to the overheating position so I pulled over and parked and shut off the engine, I heard a guzzling sound and I saw that some water was dripping underneath.
I waited until I thought the engine was cooled and checked to see of the was coolant in the bottle. However the was none so I filled it up and tried to start. It would not start. There is a clicking sound when I try to start. Can u tell me why you think it is not starting? What should I do? Thanks

October, 28, 2012 AT 8:31 PM

Fix the coolant leak first. Check to see if engine is siezed. Can you turn the crank by hand?

caradiodoc

October, 28, 2012 AT 8:43 PM

The two symptoms together suggest the serpentine belt broke or came off. The no-crank can be due to a non-operative generator resulting in a discharged battery, and the overheating is due to a non-functioning water pump. The volts gauge or battery warning light should have provided a warning too before the engine overheated.

Replace the belt and charge the battery.

October, 30, 2012 AT 3:31 PM

Hey caradiodoc, how you doing? Have a good day.

caradiodoc

October, 30, 2012 AT 8:22 PM

Hey JDL. Having a big problem getting automated e-mail notifications. I've been keeping the "new tabs" open for each question but it's slowing my computer down so badly at times it takes ten minutes to switch to a new page. I feel bad for all the people not getting answers to their questions.

October, 30, 2012 AT 8:35 PM

Yeah, I'm having some problems, also.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test