2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Input Sensor Location

KLM39
  • 2006 CHEVROLET COBALT
Where is the INPUT speed sensor on a 2006 Chevy Cobalt LT 2.2 engine? Had to replace fuse box. Now speedometer does not work and car will not shift. It is an automatic. Dealership said to replace the input and output speed sensors. Found and replaced the output sensor fine. CANNOT FIND the input speed sensor. Need to know where on the car this is so that I can replace with the new. Have looked behind front left tire, under side cap of driver's side engine. Do not see it anywhere.
Saturday, July 6th, 2013 AT 4:06 PM

SATURNTECH9
Its 46 in the diagram its under the transmission side cover.I wouldn't suspect the input speed sensor for the speedo inop/it tells the computer the speed of the input shaft not the output speed sensor. What codes do you have in the computer?Did you replace the inside or engine compartment fuse box?Also why did you replace it?
+2
Saturday, July 6th, 2013 AT 10:05 PM
SATURNTECH9
Its under the transmission side cover I wouldn't suspect that to cause the speedo to be inop. Why did you replace the fuse box also inside or engine compartment fee box?Did the speedo work before the fuse box replacement?
Saturday, July 6th, 2013 AT 10:08 PM
KLM39
We replaced the fuse box at the direction of the dealer. They said there was an interior short in the box. They wanted $400 for the part. We got it for $100. It all started when my battery went dead. The anti theft kicked in when we tried to jump it. The car would not start because of the anti theft. Had to tow to the dealer. They had it for three days and said it was the fuse box. We towed it home and replaced fuse box. The car starts and runs but now speedometer doesnt work and car wont shift out of second. It has reverse, first and second. Car is an automatic. Has light on dash flashing says TC with a line/slash through it and light for power steering. We need help. Have spent all our money and still not fixed and newscast to go to work tomorrow!
-1
Sunday, July 7th, 2013 AT 6:20 AM
SATURNTECH9
So you replaced the inside fuse box with a used one?Before the battery died and the fuse box was replaced the transmission and the speedo worked? Did you jump start the car backwards positive to negative negative positive at some point?Also does power steering work?It would help if I knew the exact code numbers you have in the computer? It would be a Letter followed by a four digit number? Also have you checked all the fuses in the inside fuse box and engine compartment fuse box?Any fuses missing?Especially from the fuse box you replaced? Was the fuse box you got the car from also a automatic transmission? I am trying to figure out why suddenly both the input an output speed sensors failed?That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Sunday, July 7th, 2013 AT 7:48 AM