CLICKING NOISE

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

Heatherw711

February, 9, 2011 AT 3:18 PM

My husband changed the wheel hub on the passenger side & now it makes a clicking noise. What could that noise be because it was not doing it before (or I could not hear it over the loud roar of the hub)

saturntech9

February, 9, 2011 AT 4:07 PM

Could be a loose axle nut he is going to have to go back over all the work he has done and find what he did to cause the noise. Let ma know what he find's.

Heatherw711

February, 9, 2011 AT 4:10 PM

He went back over all of it twice.

saturntech9

February, 9, 2011 AT 4:19 PM

If it wasn't doing that before then it would have to be something that was done when replacing the hub assembly. Unless it was doing that before he replaced and you couldn't hear it. So does it click while turning going straight etc?So he torqued the axle nut?Also he is sure it's tight enough?Also all the other nut's and bolt's are tight?The rotor dust shield isn't hitting?

Heatherw711

February, 9, 2011 AT 4:22 PM

It clicks when you drive straight or turn. It starts around 10-15 mph.

saturntech9

February, 9, 2011 AT 4:41 PM

He is going to have to check everything I would put the front of the car on jack stand's so the front wheel's are off the ground. Then spin the front wheels to see if I could hear the clicking so I could track it down that way.

Heatherw711

February, 9, 2011 AT 7:28 PM

CV joint.

saturntech9

February, 9, 2011 AT 7:56 PM

Glad to hear you found the problem that's what we like to hear.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy