CD ERROR MESSAGE ON DISPLAY

• bluem
  • 2006 BMW X5
  • AWD
  • automatic

Yesterday I attempted to listen to music from CDs but got the error message "CD Error" on the display. This is second time that I get the error message.

The first time I got the error message I opened the compartment located in back and attempted to remove the 6 CD changer by pressing the "green" button. It took several presses on the button to finally get the CD Changer to release. I removed each CD and re-inserted again then loaded the CD changer and I was able to listen to music. I have to mention here the same day I got the CD Error my bluetooth stopped working and per dealer I needed a new TCU (I already have a post on site regarding the TCU).

Yesterday I got the CD Error message again. So I opened the compartment in the back in attempt to remove the CD changer, but this time when I press on "green" button for CD magazine I am not able to release. I am pressing as hard as I can but nothing. Anyone has an idea on how to resolve this issue if possible or if just purchasing a new CD magazine will solve the problem.

First it was bluetooh, next CD player. And I think the only think still working is the Nav and hopefully it is not next on the list.

Thanks.

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 2:09 PM

• bluem

Forgot to mention. That I had the X5 since 2009 and I never had and issue with listening to music. I think I had the same CDs since 2009.

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 2:11 PM
  • M_H_RITZEL

Are the cd's ones that you copied or originals? I have found that some cd's will skip and the head will not pick up what is on the cd. I have a chevy and once in a while depending on tempeture it does the same thing.

Friday, April 27th, 2012 AT 1:32 PM