ROUGH IDLE ON A I

2006 BMW 330

paul323

August, 29, 2011 AT 12:38 PM

My SES light came on and my car started idling rough. It is giving me a P1415 code which says it is a secondary air system in bank one. My car does not have a secondary air system. I checked for leaks in the manifold, sprayed some carb cleaner around the intake manifold to see if there was a intake leak, no change. I disconnected each coil pack while it was running and the car ran worse, I changed the plugs and still get a rough idle when stopped at a light. My o2 sensors seem to be putting out around the same voltage, the fuel trim numbers are higher than normal,
-28% on the STFT and +26% on the LTFT. Could it still be the o2 sensor on bank 1 or is it a software problem.

Jacobandnickolas

August, 31, 2011 AT 1:27 AM

IT sounds like an o2 sensor. Check wiring to it for damage or corrosion. Let me know what you find.

paul323

September, 10, 2011 AT 7:18 PM

Changed the O2 sensor on bank 1, still idling rough. Still popping obd code P1415. Next up I might change the intake manifold gasket, I did spray carb cleaner around it and there was no change. I am also thinking of buying one coil pack and go one cylinder at a time.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 10, 2011 AT 7:23 PM

If there is no change in RPM when you check for vacuum leaks, don't waste your money and time with the gasket. It sounds like it is fine. As far as the coil, rather than buying one, switch the ones you have. That way you won't spend the extra money.

Dr. Hagerty

October, 10, 2011 AT 2:34 AM

It does indeed have secondary air injection.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Cylinder Head Valve Job Guide
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang