SOMETIMES IT DOES NOT START

2005 Volvo S60

dbabineaux

February, 29, 2012 AT 8:00 PM

2005 S60 Volvo, I have to repeatedly turn key, then it starts. Is is the key? Ignition?Tested battery, and alternator, both good. Checked battery, alternator, good. Have not tried anything else.

JIS001

March, 1, 2012 AT 4:52 AM

Does the vehicle crank over when the problem happens? Are there any messages also like an immobolizer fault? Does the problem only happen with one key or both keys? If you have the key blade style that flips open, is it broken where the key will not stay straight? If you try starting it with the key partially folded towards the close position it will not see the chip and will not recognize the key. Let us know if any of this applies?

dbabineaux

March, 4, 2012 AT 3:30 PM

Now that is some good information.

The key does not stay open, we only have one. I will try to keep it extended when starting.

I will let you know what happens.

Thank you.

JIS001

March, 4, 2012 AT 10:34 PM

Your welcome. Hopefully it is as simple as just the key not been straight. But if it is the key they are a little pricey since you will need to have the new key blade programmed. The key blade is replaceable without having to replace the remote. Good luck and keep us posted please.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang