WHAT CAUSES MY VIBRATION WHEN ACCELERATING AND BRAKING

2005 Toyota Tacoma

Nate0099

April, 30, 2012 AT 12:45 AM

I have a low frequency vibration when accelerating slowly that starts about 1000 RPMs and last only a few seconds then goes away and is never felt again no matter how fast I drive. As I am coming to a stop and hit that same RPM(Almost stopped) I feel it again. I do have a little rotor shake that happens when breaking from high speed. The only thing new that has happened recently was I drove on a low PSI tire for a day before realizing it, and I also had an incident where I braked real hard but that was just once. Any ideas?

Jacobandnickolas

April, 30, 2012 AT 3:21 AM

Start with the rotors. Have them cut so there is no run out. You may be feeling a brake pad still touching a rotor.

djcl

April, 30, 2012 AT 6:19 AM

Check your tires. One
May have a shifted belt. A hi or low spot on a front tire can feel that way

Nate0099

May, 2, 2012 AT 12:07 AM

Ok, Well I bought 2 new tires for the front. It did take away a little of the vibration so I think the tire was a part of it but not all. They told me they would check the brakes but im not so sure since I was the last customer of the day. I still will probably try Jacobs reply but do you think there could be anything else? The weird thing is it happens when I start to move forward and coming to a stop. So its happening even when not applying the brakes.

djcl

May, 2, 2012 AT 1:06 AM

I would then ruel out a brake problem

May, 2, 2012 AT 4:01 PM

Check the wheel bearings.

Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy