2005 RAV4 WONT START BUT DOES CRANK HOWEVER THE ...

2005 Toyota Rav4

ssunny316

May, 26, 2011 AT 1:47 PM

2005 rav4 wont start, but does crank, however the strange part is that it only happens near the lake, it does not occur anywhere else.

May, 26, 2011 AT 2:06 PM

That is strange. Maybe it likes the view at the lake? Lol.

When it could not start, you need to check what is missing, fuel or ignition sparks.

If the vehicle is parked on an incline and the fuel level is low, the fuel pump might not be able to draw the fuel.

ssunny316

May, 26, 2011 AT 2:16 PM

Chicago is pretty flat, however it does work when I step on the accelerate and then start it, but only works after a couple of tries and I dont want to mess up the starter.

May, 26, 2011 AT 2:27 PM

Is the Check Engine Light indicating?

If using the accelerator works, it could be a fault with the Throttle Position Sensor. Other than that the accelerator is not going to affect anything.

Have the fuel pressure checked. Difficult starting are quite often due to low fuel pressure and more cranking than normal is required to prime the fuel sysyem pressure.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right