HEATER PROBLEMS

• Klazarski
  • 2005 TOYOTA COROLLA

2005 corolla S - Heat/heater doesn't work normally. When the car is idling, the engine obviously warms, but doesn't overheat. When I drive the car, the heat immediately works. As I am driving, if I cruise or let off the accelorator, the air get cooler, when I depress the pedal, the heat works.

Fluid seems fine, wondering if it may be a valve or another issue.

Thank you.

Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 AT 7:47 PM

• Merlin2021

I tend to lean towards a partially clogged heater core. But read this info, could also be a bad water pump. How many miles? The post shows 0?

-1
Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 AT 7:52 PM
  • Merlin2021

If both heater hoses comming from the heater core are hot, the blend door is NOT moving, if the inlet hose is hot but outlet is cold, the heater core needs flushing, or replacement. If both hoses are cold, check antifreeze level and thermostat, also rarley but known to happen is the impeller blades on the water pump disolve over time and may not be pumping enough.

-1
Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 AT 7:52 PM