CAR STARTS COLD BUT NOT HOT

1993 Toyota Corolla

Jroy

September, 27, 2013 AT 10:55 AM

I've tried to figure out why the car starts in that. A.M. But once run won't restart for at least ten hour I did I a fully rune up gapped the plugs even though they were supposed pregapped I changed the throttle control sensor and now don't really know what to try next please help

saturntech9

September, 27, 2013 AT 11:24 AM

When it won't start what don't you have spark or fuel pressure?

Jroy

September, 27, 2013 AT 5:04 PM

I know I have spark and pretty sure I got fuel pressure because after turning for a few I can smell gas

saturntech9

September, 27, 2013 AT 5:28 PM

When it won't start have you tried holding the gas pedal all the way to the floor while cranking to see if it starts that way?

Jroy

October, 1, 2013 AT 5:08 PM

Sometimes that works but I've got it starting not 100percent of the time and my mom drives at night home from work. I'm thinking o2 or risk I think I'm going to have Toyota diagnose it and I'll fix it it seems to be running rich to

saturntech9

October, 3, 2013 AT 8:04 AM

Alright keep me. Posted on what you find.

Jroy

October, 9, 2013 AT 2:49 PM

The dealer told me because I had sometimes I don't have check engine light it will come on here and there most not that they want to leave it over night which is tough today and it could be two hours @$103. Lo. I'm thinking it's something that sticks? Or maybe the catalytic converter is choking car to let it still start but hot it chokes it and won't. Restart hot after not getting enough air?

saturntech9

October, 9, 2013 AT 2:56 PM

The cat is easy to rule out have a back pressure test done at a exhaust shop. It would be to be really plugged to not even start.

Jroy

October, 9, 2013 AT 3:12 PM

True any other thought how. About the ignitionnn or other ide

Jroy

October, 9, 2013 AT 3:30 PM

True the ignition is on the distributor I can get one for $20 used but that's why it's probably there my luck

saturntech9

October, 9, 2013 AT 5:11 PM

You said you have spark when it won't start?If you do sounds like the ignition is working. HAs anyone ever checked for codes?

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement