Radiator fans not coming on

BARRYH
  • 2005 SUZUKI FORENZA
My radiator fans don't come on seem like a lot of pressure in the cooling system. I have a similar problem with my Suzuki Forenza 2005. The radiator fan is not turning on. Did you fix your problem? How? Do you have a wiring diagram for the car or manual?

Saturday, October 15th, 2011 AT 3:13 PM

KEN

It sounds like you have one of three things that can be wrong but with a few easy tests we should be able to figure it out. First would be a fuse next a relay and third the fan motor is no good.

Here are a few guides and diagrams to help us get started.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-electric-fan-motor

Here are the diagrams (BELOW)

Let us know what happens and please upload pictures or videos of the problem.

Cheers, Ken
Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 AT 5:20 PM
JONMOORE52
  • 2005 SUZUKI FORENZA
Which wires are the positive and negative wires for the
Cooling Fan Relay Switch for the driver side cooling fan
On a 2005 Suzuki Forenza so that I can directly hook the cooling fan to the car battery so that the cooling fan will come on to keep the car from overheating
Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 AT 5:20 PM (Merged)
That won't helpyou much, fill coolant system and have coolant system pressure checked for internal leaks like a head gasket.
JONMOORE52
Im just trying to keep the car from overheating so I can make it to a mechanic I have already checked for leaks its just my coolant tank that is leaking I do not have a cracked head gasket I had looked at that first
Repost I will not do that due to the chance of a fire. Maybe someone will but I doubt it.
CLASSIC55
  • 2005 SUZUKI FORENZA
2005 Suzuki Forenza 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 40000 miles

both fans on engine stopped but belt on left side is on. Could this be some kind of sensor?
Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 AT 5:21 PM (Merged)
DAVE H
Electric Cooling Fan Description
WARNING:Keep hands, tools, and clothing away from the engine cooling fans to help prevent personal injury. This fan is electric and can turn ON whether or not the engine is running.

WARNING:If a fan blade is bent or damaged in any way, no attempt should be made to repair or reuse the damaged part. A bent or damaged fan assembly should always be replaced with a new one. Failure to do so can result in personal injury.

The cooling fans are mounted behind the radiator in the engine compartment. The electric cooling fans increase the flow of air across the radiator fins and across the condenser on air condition (A/C)-equipped vehicles. This helps to speed cooling when the vehicle is at idle or moving at low speeds.
The main fan size is 340 mm (13.4 inches) in diameter with five blades to aid the air flow through the radiator and the condenser. An electric motor attached to the radiator support drives the fan.
A/C models have two fans - the main fan and the auxiliary fan. The auxiliary fan is 300 mm (11.8 inches) in diameter. Non-A/C models have only the main fan.
A/C OFF or Non-A/C Model
The cooling fans are actuated by the electronic control module (ECM) using a low-speed cooling fan relay and a high-speed cooling fan relay. On A/C-equipped vehicles, a series/parallel cooling fan relay is also used.
The ECM will turn the cooling fans on at low speed when the coolant temperature reaches 93 C (199 F) and at high speed when the coolant temperature reaches 97 C (207 F).
The ECM will change the cooling fans from high speed to low speed at 94 C (201 F) and will turn the cooling fans off at 90 C (194 F).
A/C ON
The ECM will turn the cooling fans on at low speed when the A/C system is on. The ECM will change to high speed when the coolant temperature reaches 115 C (239 F) or the high side A/C pressure reaches 1859 kPa (270 psi).
The cooling fans will return to low speed when the coolant temperature reaches 113 C (235 F) and the high side A/C pressure reaches 1449 kPa (210 psi).
-2