WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE RADIO

2005 Saturn Ion

iastace

September, 29, 2011 AT 12:59 PM

My radio has stopped working today, it worked fine last night. It comes on but there is no sound and I can't change any of the channels, and I can't turn it off. The CD player also is not working. I know this isn't something that is real important, but I drive 45 miles one way to work each day, without my radio the drive is very boring. I added oil last night & some did spill on the sides I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Thank you!

mhpautos

September, 29, 2011 AT 1:04 PM

I would try pulling the radio fuse and then re fitting and re enter the radio security code (if used) does the display show any display at all?

iastace

September, 29, 2011 AT 1:29 PM

Everything lights up, it shows the time, station, pre-sets etc, but there is no sound, the buttons to changes staions, the on/off, CD on/eject are not working. It worked just fine last night on my drive home, I had no problems at all.

mhpautos

September, 29, 2011 AT 1:33 PM

I will see if there is an amp with a separate fuse, I will post back soon.

mhpautos

September, 29, 2011 AT 1:38 PM

There is an Amp fuse No21 check this as if the amp fuse is blown, this will give you these symptoms.

saturntech9

September, 29, 2011 AT 6:55 PM

Just to add to this one there is a bulletin for the cd player inop and reseting the radio on that car.I have seen a lot of different saturn models with the radios inop and I reset them and they worked fine after that.I posted part of the bulletin showing the two fuses you pull for ten mins to reset the radio. One fuse is in the inside fuse box drivers side and the other one is under the hood fuse box. Give that a try and let us know what happens.

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Open Hood Video