2005 Saturn Ion P2122

KENANNET
  • 2005 SATURN ION
Hello, Vehicle: Saturn Ion 2.2 Mileage: 180000 In a very cold night while I was at 50 mph, all of a sudden I got 'Reduced Power Light' on and I stopped, turned the engine off and waited for 10 minutes and re-started again but it didn't go away, anyways I drove the car about 8 miles back home, and check the error codes, here is the list.
(Note that, after 24 hrs. I tried to start the car but it was too shaky and didn't sound like was getting gas and stopped again)
codes listed:

P2122 (Throttle Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D circ. Low input)
P2128 (Throttle Pedal Position Sensor/Switch E circ. High output)

I purchased new AP assembly and replaced with the new one, while I was working I noticed that there was a additional extension on the blue cable with electrical tape and it was broken (this car was serviced with the same problem 3 years ago) for some reason they put some extension cable either to check R or V (voltage) maybe, anyways I reconnected wires with the new pedal, now I'm only getting P2122 with the reduced light on, I took out the new A Pedal and replaced with an other one, still getting the same error, I tried to clear the error with Actron scanner but it won'T go away

How can I turn of that Reduced Power Light?
What else I can do about it?

Thanks,
Kenan
Saturday, February 7th, 2015 AT 5:15 AM

WRENCHTECH
First you have to correct the problem that is causing the code. What made you change the APP?
-2
Saturday, February 7th, 2015 AT 6:16 AM
KENANNET
An online technician in my.justanswer.com advised me to replace the APP.
As I stated before I was driving and I had big size boots for the first time that night, and when I tried to replace the APP I found one of the wires was broken from its extension (Blue cable)

I reconnected the blue wire, Now I'm thinking to put the old APP back and complete 3 drive cycles as you stated in one of your previous posts,
(http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2006-saturn-ion-3-throttle-snsor)
to clear the 'Reduced power light' and error codes
When I hook up the scanner I read
1. P2122 'Confirmed'
2. P2122 'Pendindg'

You think 3 drive cycles would clear the problem? and What should I do to complete one drive cycle?

Thanks,
Ken

Saturday, February 7th, 2015 AT 10:38 AM
WRENCHTECH
That link doesn't go anywhere.

Using the scan tool to clear the code is the correct procedure. The fact that it wlll not clear tends to indicate that the problem still exists. It's going to require some electrical testing to find the real issue.

I can supply a wiring diagram but you need some test equipment and electrical knowledge.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/Wrenchtech/115049093.jpg
Saturday, February 7th, 2015 AT 10:46 AM
WRENCHTECH
Wrong image uploaded

https://www.2carpros.com/images/external/115049093-1.gif
+2
Saturday, February 7th, 2015 AT 10:48 AM
KENANNET
Correct me if I'M wrong Blue cable is coming from the connector to APP pedal,

I thought that cable stands for "APP Sensor 1 Signal"
Saturday, February 7th, 2015 AT 11:03 AM
KENANNET
Correct link without ( and )

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2006-saturn-ion-3-throttle-snsor

Saturday, February 7th, 2015 AT 11:05 AM
WRENCHTECH
He just posted the flow chart for that code number. It still needs to be diagnosed correctly.

There are 2 sensors and the 2 sensor signals are on therlight blue and dark blue wires.

Other than using a scan tool, you are looking at FORTY drive cycles to clear the code so using the scan tool is the fastest way.
Saturday, February 7th, 2015 AT 12:16 PM