I HAVE A 2005 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX GTP WHERE THE ...

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

GP Chick

October, 21, 2012 AT 11:22 PM

I have a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP where the rear brake pads and rotors are only a little over a year old. Upon a routine check for a spony bake pedal, the test drive mechanic came back and informed me that the rear calipers had siezed up. Could this be the result of faulty pad and rotor installation or just normal wear and tear; which I would find hard to believe, but things happen. Also, there is no issue with the E-brake that I was informed of.

Adjust Parking Brake

1 ANSWER

Wont Go In Park

October, 21, 2012 AT 11:23 PM

Just normal wear and tear. If there was an installation issue, it would have surfaced a year ago.

GP Chick

October, 21, 2012 AT 11:40 PM

Thanks for confirming. What is a normal price range for repair, I have a quote that is somewhat more than I expected.

October, 21, 2012 AT 11:43 PM

Calipers are about 90 per side, labor is 2 hours
brake flush is 75

GP Chick

October, 21, 2012 AT 11:54 PM

Thank so much! My quote was calipers @ 155 each side, the rest comparable. I'll be shopping around for sure! Have a wonderful evening : )

Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement