I CAN NOT TURN OFF MY HEADLIGHTS

2005 Pontiac G6

mcarolin

December, 10, 2012 AT 2:21 PM

I can not turn off my headlights. For some unknown reason the headlight won't go off. The only way that I have found to turn them off is to disconnect the battery. I have tried turning them off without the auto light sensor on or off and still they won't go off. All doors and the trunk is closed and they still won't go off. Any suggestions?

saturntech9

December, 10, 2012 AT 4:44 PM

Do you have a multi meter to do some testing?

mcarolin

December, 10, 2012 AT 4:54 PM

No, however I can purchase one. I have used one in the past. What should I be checking? Also, I removed the Relay 38 for my low beams and the lights went off. Do I need to reinstall to before I start?

saturntech9

December, 10, 2012 AT 5:19 PM

Alright so its the low beams staying on?Also have you looked to see if there is another relay in the fuse box you can swap the low beam one with to see if it corrects the low beam beam lights staying on?A multi meter will be needed to trouble shoot the problem. You may even need a scan tool depending on the trouble tree. Let me check on that also please let me know about the relay swap possibility?

mcarolin

December, 10, 2012 AT 5:24 PM

Yes, I switched a known good relay with the low beam relay and it did not fix the problem.

saturntech9

December, 10, 2012 AT 7:52 PM

I. Just looked up repair info on your head lights and like I guessed the first step is check for codes in the body control module then use the scan to perform a head light output test with the scan tool which there talking about a tech2 scan tool the dealers use. The body control module controls the head lights on that car every diyer scan tool I can think of wont read body control. Module codes. So you would have to take it somewhere to get the codes read and write down the exact code numbers you have.

saturntech9

December, 10, 2012 AT 8:04 PM

When the head lights are supposed to be off you can see if the white wire out of the head light switch is showing as a ground?Thats the input into the body control module to tell it to turn the head lights on.

mcarolin

December, 10, 2012 AT 8:07 PM

Thank you very much for you assistance. I will try that and let you know.

saturntech9

December, 10, 2012 AT 8:18 PM

Alright keep me posted.

Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini