Peugeot 407

ANONYMOUS
  • 2005 PEUGEOT 407

Peugeot 407. When I turn off the ignition there is a whirring noise under the bonnet this noise continues and then in the morning the battery is dead. Sometimes warning lights come on stop warning lights. It appears something continues to run while the ignition is off and this runs down the battery have to then jump start the car and this again repeats.

Monday, December 31st, 2012 AT 7:02 PM

BRIANDAVIES

Hi
My dads 55 plate 407 is doing the same thing.

If you disconnect the battery for 10 sec and reconnect it the whirring should stop untill you next turn on.

Under normal conditions the whirring stops after about 5 to 10 seconds.

I thinks its either the diesel pump or the power steering pump that is still getting power.
It could be a sticking / faulty relay that is not releasing.
These relays are found behind the battery to the right of the fusebox under the black cover.

+1
Saturday, January 26th, 2013 AT 8:06 PM
ROGLINK

Which relay is it

Thursday, October 19th, 2017 AT 10:28 AM
MHPAUTOS

Quick way to find the circuit is to pull fuses one at a time until noise stops, the noise may be the EGR re setting, many later engine with electric EGR control have motors that wind back when the engine is shut down.

-1
Thursday, October 19th, 2017 AT 11:28 PM
ROGLINK

Which is the power steering pump relay on a 407

Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 AT 1:24 PM
KHLOW2008

I believe the problem is more likely to be a fault with the cooling fans rather than others. When the problem occurs, try to locate the source of the whirring noise and if the cooling fans do not stop, it usually is due to a bad fan relay.

I am not sure of the system used for your vehicle but for some models the cooling fan utilizes a control box ( mini computer) and this can be checked with a scan tool.

For relay location, refer to the owners manual. I am not able to provide more information for this at the moment as I am having problem login into our database.

-1
Thursday, October 26th, 2017 AT 8:38 AM
ROGLINK

I know it's the power steering pump which relay is it that's all I want to know

Thursday, October 26th, 2017 AT 10:38 AM
KHLOW2008

Sorry to say I do not have the relay location and for Peugeot vehicle, this information can be found in the owner's manual.

Thursday, October 26th, 2017 AT 7:14 PM