HARD START ON MY

2005 Nissan Altima

Katieann

July, 2, 2012 AT 11:30 PM

My 2005 nissan altima has been experiencing hard start issues over the past year. It usually happens when the engine is hotand will eventually start after a few tries. If it's been sitting for more than 30 minutes it starts up fine. My check engine soon light comes on as a result and I finally went and go the codes read which said it was the crank position sensor a common issue with Altimas. I went and had a local mechanic replace the crank position sensor and when I went to pick it up at the shop it wouldn't start! Sure enough the mechanic had just moved it outside before I got there so the engine was hot. He's going to look at it again tomorrow but what could it be?

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

saturntech9

July, 3, 2012 AT 12:00 AM

What is the exact code number not code description it set?The guy should have tested it before replacing it. Just take a multimeter to do that.

Katieann

July, 3, 2012 AT 12:24 AM

The codes that came up were P0335-crankshaft position sensor and P0725-engine speed signal circuit.

saturntech9

July, 3, 2012 AT 6:00 PM

Yeah those two codes point to a bad crank sensor especially with your symptoms. He should have tested the sensor before replacing it. Also hopefully he replaced the correct part?He needs to follow the P0335 trouble tree to see where it leads when it doesnt start.

colli026

October, 21, 2013 AT 8:24 AM

Katieann, did the problem our reported get resolved? I am having the same problem with my 2006 Altima and can't seem to find the issue. I replaced the Crankshaft position sensor twice and I don't really want to do it again.

Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right