MY C230 KOMPRESSOR HAS BROKEN DOWN TWICE IN THE ...

2005 Mercedes Benz C230

huntij00

March, 2, 2013 AT 5:10 PM

My C230 Kompressor has broken down twice in the last 4 months - on both occasions it's felt like a fuel problem i.E. The car cuts out & grinds to a halt, but electrics are fine. The car turns over, but it won't fire & re-start - it's as if it has run out of petrol. On both occasions the car has restarted approx. 40 mins later and then run perfectly again. It almost feels like it needs to cool down even though there is no sign of overheating. I had it towed to a garage on the first breakdown and of course it started and they could find nothing wrong with it. It just happened again and I'm in the same situation. I feel it could be the fuel relay or pump - any ideas? Thanks!

March, 2, 2013 AT 5:16 PM

Sounds like the fuel pump. Have the pressure checked anyway to see if it is even producing needed pressure

huntij00

March, 2, 2013 AT 7:48 PM

Thanks for the reply. I had the car checked including the pump and they could not find anything wrong? Could the pump have an intermittent fault that could go unnoticed or could it be relay related? Thanks again.

March, 2, 2013 AT 7:55 PM

Pump may intermittently fail.

No to the relay, either good or bad.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right