This is an electrical controlled fan are you removing it to replace water pump? Or because it's not working? Tools Required
J 46406 Fan Clutch Remover and Installer. See Special Tools.
1. Drain the cooling system. .
2. Remove the air cleaner assembly.
3. Remove the air resonator assembly.
4. Remove the inlet radiator hose.
Fig. 20: Identifying Cooling Fan
5. Remove the transmission oil cooler lines from the fan shroud.
6. Disconnect the fan clutch electrical connector.
7. Using J 46406 remove the fan clutch from the water pump. See Special Tools.
8. Remove the mounting bolts from the upper fan shroud.
9. Lift and push the fan shroud inward to clear the filler neck on the radiator.
10. Remove the fan and the shroud.
1. Install the fan and the shroud.
NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.
2. Install the mounting bolts to the upper fan shroud.
Tighten: Tighten the bolts to 28 N.M (21 lb ft). You need a special wrench which is available at auto parts stores to rent. There is a relay for this in the under hood electrical center. It will be marked.
Monday, October 31st, 2011 AT 2:17 PM