2005 Other International Models White smoke from exhaust

PRACTICO19
  • 2005 INTERNATIONAL

2005 Other International Models 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

The vehicle is turbo Charged, Engine DT 466, electronically controlled Injectors, and it expelling excesive white smoke from the exhaust system

updated 12/23/09
I havent bloked, and pressure tested the cooling system yet, but the turbo, intake side has no sings of oil or that it is stuck.
I appreciate your help because, the injector cost over 800 dollars each, and I have no means of testing them here in Panamá. So I need to be sure, they are the cause of the problem

Aurelio

Friday, December 18th, 2009 AT 1:04 PM

Block and pressure test the cooling system if okay could be the turbocharger is leaking internally

Friday, December 18th, 2009 AT 5:02 PM

You need to block and pressure test the cooling system to rule out the engine side'

The injectors are probably okay if its the problem you'll be having black smoke that indicates rich mixtures-Check the turbo if its leaking-

Wednesday, December 23rd, 2009 AT 5:45 PM
JASONPETERS

I'm currently stationed at Kadena AB Japan, and am having this same problem with one of our International Kovatch R11 refuelers (engine DT466). It missfires and white smoke comes out of the exhaust. We removed the exhaust manifold and cylinders 2 through 5 where wet, but with fuel(entire exhaust system full of fuel after running for a few minutes). We changed the injectors with good used ones, and the engine runs exactly the same(no change). We suspected a blown head gasket and coolant getting into the combustion chamber, but after running the engine for long periods of time and pressure testing the cooling system, the coolant level has not changed and the system held 13psi for as long as we had it hooked up. Since it sounds like we are having similar problems, I was wondering if you had found out what was going on with your engine? If so could you please share some information with me. Thank you.

-1
Thursday, September 29th, 2011 AT 4:45 AM