05 HYUNDAI TUCSON FUEL PUMP NOT ACTIVATING

• eric kilmer
  • 2005 Hyundai Tuscon
  • automatic

I have checked fuel pump relay. It had trouble starting a few times, after applying gas pedal at start up that got it started, now nothing. No whirrr from fuel pump. Check engine light has been on for a few weeks before start issue, scan test showed o2 sensor or cat convertor issue. Is it the fuel pump or possibly something else?

Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 2:54 AM

• bluelightnin6

If fuel pump is not coming on and relay is tested OK then check fuse to fuel pump as well as wiring at the pump. How many miles is on the vehicle? Most likely the catalytic converter is not at fault here nor is the oxygen sensors. Does everything else work when turning key in ignition (i.E. Radio, lights etc.)?

Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 3:11 AM
  • eric kilmer

97000 miles. I checked fuses related to ignition and starting but didnt see one labeled for fuel pump/delivery did I miss it?

Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 3:25 AM
  • eric kilmer

Yes everything else works when turning the key in the ignition.

Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 3:32 AM
  • bluelightnin6

It will be a fusible linke that protects the fuel pump, a 30 amp labeled ECU

Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 8:57 PM
  • eric kilmer

Yes the fusable link is ok. Is there anything else to check before replacing the fuel pump?

Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 10:47 PM
  • eric kilmer

I have been waiting a couple of days to get an answer on this issue. Could you please help with these answers. I really haven't received any answers for my original question. Any clue as to what could be wrong? Should I be checking anything else. Should I check to see if the fuel pump is getting enough power? Could you please explain the process on how to check to see if the fuel pump is getting enoug power?

Sunday, March 6th, 2011 AT 6:49 PM