05 TUCSON FUEL PUMP NOT ACTIVATING

2005 Hyundai Tuscon

eric kilmer

March, 1, 2011 AT 2:54 AM

I have checked fuel pump relay. It had trouble starting a few times, after applying gas pedal at start up that got it started, now nothing. No whirrr from fuel pump. Check engine light has been on for a few weeks before start issue, scan test showed o2 sensor or cat convertor issue. Is it the fuel pump or possibly something else?

bluelightnin6

March, 1, 2011 AT 3:11 AM

If fuel pump is not coming on and relay is tested OK then check fuse to fuel pump as well as wiring at the pump. How many miles is on the vehicle? Most likely the catalytic converter is not at fault here nor is the oxygen sensors. Does everything else work when turning key in ignition (i.E. Radio, lights etc.)?

eric kilmer

March, 1, 2011 AT 3:25 AM

97000 miles. I checked fuses related to ignition and starting but didnt see one labeled for fuel pump/delivery did I miss it?

eric kilmer

March, 1, 2011 AT 3:32 AM

Yes everything else works when turning the key in the ignition.

bluelightnin6

March, 1, 2011 AT 8:57 PM

It will be a fusible linke that protects the fuel pump, a 30 amp labeled ECU

eric kilmer

March, 1, 2011 AT 10:47 PM

Yes the fusable link is ok. Is there anything else to check before replacing the fuel pump?

eric kilmer

March, 6, 2011 AT 6:49 PM

I have been waiting a couple of days to get an answer on this issue. Could you please help with these answers. I really haven't received any answers for my original question. Any clue as to what could be wrong? Should I be checking anything else. Should I check to see if the fuel pump is getting enough power? Could you please explain the process on how to check to see if the fuel pump is getting enoug power?

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test