WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CANYON?

• canyon owner
  • 2005 GMC Canyon

I have a check engine light on and it coded misfire in # 5 cylinder (straight 5). Once warm, RPMs will drop to about 300 to 500 at idle and it wants to die. Had it checked by a dealer mechanic and cylider pressure, plugs, wires and injectors all cleared. I have no idea what to do next. They wanted to rip the head off and look for a minumum of $1500. I would like to look simple first them difficult. Runs fine under power.

Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 AT 8:05 PM

• saturntech9

Thats crazy if the compression was good then why pull the head?Those have issues with clogged injectors I just had one similar to that one that had a couple of different cylinder missfire codes. Everything checked out like yours I did a professional fuel injectiin cleaning where run the engine off a pressure canister with cleaner. The codes went away and the engine ran great.

Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 AT 8:26 PM
  • canyon owner

Do you know anyone in wichita that is trustworthy. I will not be going back there.

Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 AT 9:38 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Check around local shops and stop in and talk to the people. Check many shops before settling for allowing them to help you.

Saturn is right. I have had the same issues in our shop and injectors are a big issue.

Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 AT 10:49 PM
  • saturntech9

Us moderators live all over the world none near where you live that I know of. Heres a great resource its called repair pal google it.

Thursday, May 10th, 2012 AT 3:48 AM