HIGH PRESSURE SWITCH CAUSING A/C COMPRESSOR TO DISENGAGE?

2005 Ford Mustang

Passball35

July, 4, 2012 AT 3:13 PM

Problem with a/c high pressure switch causing a/c compressor to disengage, a/c blows cold if I unplug the switch? I have a 2005 mustang v6 having problem with a/c high pressure cut out switch. When the plug is plugged into it it makes the compressor disengage, if I just unplug it the compressor kicks righ on and a/c blows cold but if I turn the a/c off from inside the car the compressor stays ingaged and lines will begin to freeze, so I have to keep the a/c inside the car turned on at all times. I have replaced the high pressure switch but still does the same thing. Had a shop replace compressor, accumulator, exc. And hi and low pressure readings are good, but the high pressure switch still cuts the compressor off when plugged i?

July, 4, 2012 AT 3:15 PM

What are the pressures exactly?

Passball35

July, 4, 2012 AT 3:21 PM

I don't know, I took it to a shop and they checked the readings and told me hi & low pressure readings were good?

July, 4, 2012 AT 3:23 PM

Is that the reason you took it there for the repair? If it is, then they did not do there job.

Knowing the pressure readings are important to us helping you further

Passball35

July, 4, 2012 AT 4:17 PM

No I took it there because the a/c had a bad leak from the accumulator, and the a/c compressor was shot, this problem with the high pressure switch I had before these other problems, and before these repairs.

Passball35

July, 4, 2012 AT 4:20 PM

Fan is operating, and knowing the repairs that have been done, and assuming the pressures are good, plug that plugs into the pressure switch looks fine, what else could I check?

July, 4, 2012 AT 4:46 PM

What did the shop that did the repairs tell you?

Passball35

July, 4, 2012 AT 4:48 PM

Replace pressure switch, but I have already replaced it. Still same out come.

Passball35

July, 4, 2012 AT 4:49 PM

And so they don't know, which brings me to here. Before taking it to the dealer I thought I'd give this a shot.

July, 4, 2012 AT 5:03 PM

Without seeing the pressure, which we asked for, there is not much we can do.

Sorry but we need more info

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500